Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Serendipity

Okay, so there's good news and bad news. Bad news: We have to cancel Cucina Urbana this Friday. I know I know, we fail. It's literally THE first restaurant we want to go to and now we can't. Which leads me to the good news. Your CaliFoodies will be taking a trip to Memphis, Tennessee. You see, Bree and I are alums of San Diego State University and (amazingly) the women's basketball team has made it to the Sweet Sixteen of the Tournament. Soooo, we're off to Tennessee.

Now...here's what's weird. My sister was watching the Food Network show "Best Thing I Ever Ate: Guilty Pleasures" and she was telling me about a dish she saw that looked insane. This dish is the Surf and Turf at Restaurant Iris. It's a grilled NY Strip Steak stuffed with fried oysters, cheese, over some sauteed Yukon potatoes, Bacon and Thyme, and topped with a Bordelaise sauce, Hollandaise sauce, and fried sage. A bit much, no? But I guess that's why it's been labeled a "guilty pleasure." And where is Restaurant Iris you ask? Well none other than Memphis, Tennessee. It's serendipitous I tell you. So Restaurant Iris will actually be our first restaurant. Sorry John and Nikki!! We'll bring you back some souvenirs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for those reviews from Tennessee! I'm highly disappointed in your lack of food pictures!

    ReplyDelete